Luscii’s mission is to create space for care. This means that improving patient care and the lives of healthcare professionals are at the heart of what we do. But our commitment to social value goes beyond our mission as a digital health platform. We recognise that organisations like ours have a responsibility to make a positive contribution to the communities we touch. That’s why we’re always trying to see how we can have a positive impact on the communities we serve and to align our ways of working with broader societal needs.
Committed to the climate
NHS England has committed to to Net Zero carbon targets and Luscii is also committed to supporting the NHS in achieving these objectives.
Luscii is dedicated to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040 for emissions scopes 1 and 2. The commitment was made on 23-01-2024 by Luscii's Board of Directors.
We know actions speak louder than words, so what are we already doing?
- Remote monitoring with patients reduces the need for patients to go to hospital and other healthcare organisations. By preventing hospital admissions, Luscii reduces the environmental burden of hospital visits and long hospital stays.
- Luscii is a fully remote company, which means no emissions associated with travelling to and from, or maintaining, an office.
- We also have a digital-first approach: working online where possible and travelling only when necessary.
- When we do travel, Lusciians are committed to travelling as sustainably as possible.
- And when we meet, we choose vegetarian catering as standard at our events.
- As a digital solution, we are also aware of the footprint of our data centres, so we have a role dedicated to seeing how we can be more resourceful in using less server space.
- We also have two more roles working towards ensuring Luscii contributes to a greener future. This means we have internal initiatives that promote green behaviour among Lusciians (such as a month-long veggie challenge) as well as external initiatives.
There is always more work to be done, so what's ahead?
Next, we'll publish our Carbon Reduction Plan detailing how we will achieve net zero emissions by 2040 for Scope 1 and 2 and a subset of Scope 3 emissions
Tackling health inequalities
The NHS Long Term plan commits to addressing health inequalities, and Luscii is dedicated to supporting this journey by helping to build a more inclusive and accessible NHS. Digital inclusion is a vital part of the implementation journey at Luscii, so we do our utmost to ensure that no one is left behind.
We make sure our app is accessible for people with a variety of needs, which you can read all about here. This also means providing measurement devices, tablets and sim cards to ensure that people without internet or their own devices can still access and benefit from remote monitoring.
Interested in hearing more about how Luscii’s work aligns with the Core20PLUS5 framework? Reach out to us.
Privacy build in
Privacy is a fundamental human right, especially when dealing with healthcare data. We have made it our top priority to securely handle your patients' data whereas you remain the owner of it. Our safety, quality and privacy are audited externally and certified on the highest levels. Our many awards are living proof of this.